2014 is quickly becoming a collection of memories that prove a year of personal growth amidst many challenges. I entered 2014 with my one word “fearless” being the focal point of all I did. Having one word to focus on helped me in facing all the challenges head on and learn more than I possibly could have imagined at the beginning of the year.
Things I accomplished:
- Running two half marathons back to back (Saturday and Sunday). I had a wonderful time running both the half marathons but I will never do that again.
- I completed my 14th half marathon in November. I got to see my dad finish his first full marathon. Yea he’s just as hooked as I am on this running thing.
- I bought my own website! This was a huge step in redefining my blog and bringing about some much needed changes.
- I applied and got accepted into Liberty University’s online program! This was another huge step for me. I have been wanting to go back to school for quite awhile and never felt the timing was right. I realized the timing will never be right (ie. perfect) and that I should just go for it.
Things I loved doing:
- I loved being a part of Family Retreat again this year. I absolutely love the families and STM’s that come each week.
- I loved getting to go to some Charlotte Checkers games my brother. (Thanks to some wonderful friends, Kathy and Jamie, for providing those tickets!) We had a blast at each game.
- The Braves are my favorite baseball team. I have loved the Braves since I can remember. I’m thankful that my family was able to take my brother to Atlanta for his birthday and go to a Braves game. It was a lot of fun. We also went to the World of Coke. That’s a fun place to walk around!
- I loved being with my running group each Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings. (I will miss them for the winter training this next year. And just so coach Stuart doesn’t think I will be slacking off the 5 min abs routine during the winter, I found some new planks to add into my own routine!)
- I loved traveling with Marie aka my second mom, to visit my sister in Bethesda, MD. That was a great weekend!
- I really enjoyed all the traveling I did over this year. It’s one of my favorite things to do and I’m excited to do more (personal) traveling in 2015.
Overall 2014 had it’s ups and downs but it was a good year. I mentioned earlier that it was a year of personal growth. I got to see some of what I am made of this past year. Taking situations that seemed to be impossible to get through and watching the Lord bring me through each one stronger than before. I learned to lean more into God’s word and also into the community God has surrounded me with. Without either of them I am sure 2014 would have looked much different.
I have not picked a word just yet for 2015 but I have a feeling a post will be written about it very soon!
Here’s to a New Year and being even more fearless in 2015!
Happy New Year!!!!!